(SNO) – As a new year and new decade begin, Prime Minister Allen Chastanet has described Saint Lucia as “The “Most Inspiring Country in the World” and has called on all citizens to demonstrate that the island is so.
He listed a number of accolades which the country has received and which he said has given it a rich history.
“Few countries of our size can boast such a rich history, so many world renown accolades and the undeniable potential and resilience of the Saint Lucian people,” the prime minister wrote on his Facebook page on Friday.
The list by Chastanet is as follows:
– The only country in the world named after a woman and cited as “The Helen of the West Indies” after “The Helen of Troy”- “The Most Beautiful Woman in the World!”
– Home to a UNESCO World Heritage site- The Pitons
– One of the Highest Nobel Laureate awardees per capita in the World- Sir Arthur Lewis and Sir Derek Walcott
– Rated by Oprah as the Number 1 country to visit before you die!
– The World’s Leading Honeymoon Destination for a record 11 times!
– Home to The World’s Only Drive-in Volcano
– 14 Wars fought between the British and French for the island. (7 times British, 7 times French)
– The most friendly and hospitable people you will ever meet
“As we begin a new year and decade, let us continue to excel and demonstrate to the world why Saint Lucia is the Most Inspiring Country in the planet,” Chastanet said.