(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) — The son of a retired police inspector has become the fourth person to be arrested and charged with the kidnapping, rape and robbery of two women days before the new year.
Anniece Ravello, 28 of San Fernando appeared before magistrate Alicia Chankar claiming that his life had been threatened by his co-accused after he assisted the police in the matter.
Ravello faced the same charges as Jerod Boysie aka Raymond Abdul, 20, Joshua Williams, 31 and Rueben Thomas, 20.
It was alleged that he together with others on December 29 2018 at M2 Ring Road, Debe and armed with a firearm, used personal violence as they robbed one woman of her $1,800 cellular phone and another of $40, a cell phone valued $1,500, a pair of $300 gold earrings.
It was also alleged that at that location he and others had sexual intercourse with the women without their consent and committed grievous sexual assault on them.
Ravello was also charged that on that day he, together with others, took and carried away the women against her will from south Trinidad.
Charges were laid by constable Gosine of the San Fernando Criminal Investigations Department.
Defence attorney Shaun Teekasingh told the court that his client and his father assisted the police in this matter and his life had since been threatened.
Teekasingh said the other accused are in custody at prison and he said that Ravello’s safety was not guaranteed. “Inside or outside, a greater threat is at the prison,” he told the San Fernando magistrate.
The attorney admitted that Ravello was fined in the past for obscene language and possession of marijuana. He said there was third offence for which was dismissed.
Police prosecutor Cleyon Seedan objected to bail for Ravello given the seriousness of the offence.
Chankar said she looked at his criminal record and the types of offences listed but also considered the nature and seriousness of the present offences.
She remanded Ravello into custody and told of him of his right to apply to a judge for bail.
The matter was adjourned to February 13.
Last week Boysie and Williams were denied bail and remanded into custody until February 6 while Thomas will return to court on Thursday after the police asked for time to have him traced.