(PRESS RELEASE) — Saint Lucia will reopen its national borders to nationals and visitors. In anticipation of this, a range of protocols have been put in place at the hotel and tourism sector to mitigate any potential risk of transmission of COVID-19.
The Ministry of Health requests that all individuals adhere to infection prevention and control guidelines including practice the recommended 6-foot physical distance and wearing a face mask while in public.
For face masks to be effective in reducing infection, they must be used properly. We ask everyone to not only use masks but use masks properly:
– Ensure the mask is clean before using
– Wash hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer before putting on the mask
– The mask should be held by the ties or the loops only.
– The coverings should be fit snugly but comfortably and allow for breathing without restriction.
– They should be washed before their next use.
We encourage anyone who may be feeling symptomatic to seek care early as this can prevent the worsening of conditions or possible complications.
Services delivered through all respiratory clinics island-wide are free to the public. If further information is required on this service, the public may also call the 311 hotline.
The Ministry of Health will continue to provide regular updates to the public. For more information please contact the Office of the Chief Medical Officer or the Epidemiology Unit, at 468-5309/468-5325 respectively.